Extra material not used in the related article
Here are some questions/topics that might
still be addressed in this article
- What are good composition techniques?
- What is the right equipment?
- How do I process your images on the
- How can I sell my photos?
- How do I protect my intellectual property interests in my work? (what is
licensing all about?
- Where can I take classes?
- More topics... from photo.net...
- Q1: What's the best camera for nature photography?
- Q2: OK then, so what's the best 35mm SLR camera for nature and wildlife
- Q3: Do you need autofocus and autoexposure modes?
- Q4: What's the best lens?
- Q5: What about teleconverters as a way to get a longer lens?
- Q6: Can I use a telescope as a telephoto lens?
- Q7: What about mirror lenses like the 500/8 designs?
- Q8: How good are 3rd party lenses?
- Q9: What's your favorite lens?
- Q10: What's the most important accessory to buy?
- Q11: What's the best film to use?
- Q12: Are there any nature photography "rules"?
- Q13: Are there any good books on nature and wildlife photography?
- Q14: My pictures aren't very good. What should I do to improve them?
- Q15: Where should I buy my equipment?
- Q16: What's the best way to photograph nesting birds?
- Q17: What's the best place for wildlife photography?
- Q18: Are there any good nature photography magazines?
- Q19: What is "depth of field"?
- Q20: How can I do macro work without buying a macro lens?
Invited contributors: (listed in order of acceptance, as indicated by "Yes" below, of
invitation to contribute; production notes captured here so as not to forget
- Marlin Harms (MCTHarms at aol dot com) (Yes,
done); 9-12-06 "I approve your distribution through LuLu."
- Joyce Cory (docentjoyce at yahoo dot com) (Yes,
done); 9-12-06 "I approve the nonprofit distribution. LuLu is ok."
- Gary Robertshaw (gary at rshaw dot com) (Yes,
done); 9-13-06 "The distribution is OK with me."
- Garry Johnson (garryjohnson at charter dot net) (Yes,
done)9-17-06 "ok -- I thought I gave permission. What do have to do to
give the OK? [you just did]"
- Carol DiNolfo (silverdove at charter dot net)
(Yes, done); 9-12-06 "I approve non-profit distribution thru LuLu
PROVIDED that my image is printed no larger than a maximum of 4"x6" (smaller
is acceptable) and gives me photo credit as: Photo © Carol DiNolfo /
caroldinolfo.com" 9-20-06 please use carol at caroldinolfo dot com for
lulu; I requested "let me re-size the image from 5.34 x 4" to 7" x 5.25" to
be consistent with all the other landscape full-page images in the book."
9-21-06 CD says "... I agree that it would look better
in a larger size. Sure, go ahead and resize it.
- "Cleve Nash (cleve.nash at gmail dot com) (Yes,
done); 9-11-06 "I
agree to non-profit distribution through LuLu"
- Teddy Llovet (bluheron at earthlink dot net)
(Yes, done); 9-12-06 "Yes, to LuLu. Sounds like fun and a piece to
treasure and share! I'll help you with proofing when you get to it."
- Rich Hansen (richimages at tcsn dot net) (Yes,
done); 9-21-06 CCNHA mtg "yes, Lulu is okay"
- Joe Dickerson (JADPhoto at aol dot com)
(Yes, done); 9-12-06 "I acknowledge the LuLu non-profit and
give permission to use my article and images as you see fit. No remuneration
is necessary or expected."
- Dennis Sheridan (dennissher at sbcglobal dot net)
(Yes, done); 9-18-06 "I approve the distribution through LuLu. Dennis
- Greg Smith (slobird at aol dot com) (Yes,
done); 9-11-06 "I am fine with the non-profit Lulu."
- Marc Kurth (marc at morrobayphotos dot com)
(on travel, partial response rec'd 8-30-06, assume no show 9-2-06; final
- Mike Baird (mike at mikebaird dot com) Editor
- Future invitations on possible follow-on article:
Bill Bouton (ref. Marlin Harms), Walter Gold, Ruth Ann Angus, Dean Sullivan,
Shari Sullivan, (see Click-Click winner's list...)