ATTENTION CATS AND CAT OWNERS!
FREE PARASITE SCREENING!
Saturday, August 13, 2005
UC Davis Study
9:30 am-noon at Bear Valley Animal Clinic, 2021 11th St, Los Osos
1-3:30pm at Coast Veterinary Clinic. 1825 Quintana Road, Morro Bay
The University of California School of Veterinary Medicine at Davis is conducting a research study about cats living in the greater Morro Bay area.
Benefits to you and your cat for participating in the study:
· Free parasite check of feces for worms and protozoan parasites Toxoplasma, Giardia and Cryptosporidium
· Free blood test for the parasite Toxoplasma
· Free educational pamphlet about Toxoplasma
· Free cat goodie bag for all participants (1 per cat)
· Results provided direct to you
Who can participate?
· You and your cat(s) must be a resident of Cayucos, Los Osos or Morro Bay.
· All cats in your household are eligible to be tested.
How do you participate?
· Bring your cat(s) and a fresh sample of feces in a clean, throwaway container or Ziploc baggie. Please collect the fecal sample within 24 hours of defecation.
· If you have more than one cat, please mark which cat the feces are from on the bag or container, if known.
At the clinic you will:
· Complete a consent form to be in the study.
· Fill out a short questionnaire about your cat’s diet and lifestyle.
· Allow us to collect a small sample of blood from your cat for serum testing.
If you have questions about this study, please contact Haydee Dabritz at 707-446-6800 or email hadabritz@[remove]ucdavis.edu