SORRY SOLD -- For Sale $400 - Canon 20D 8.2MP SLR Camera Body in very good condition (used only by Mike Baird) 16 Dec 2007
You can find these on eBay with “Buy it Now” and starting bids at about $500-600.
You can find these used on Amazon.com for about $600 used,
Note: you can buy a new Rebel XT for $400; Rebel XTi for $520; 30D for $750; 40D $1200;
Sensor guaranteed 100% clean (just cleaned and sensor-scoped).
Comes with Original packaging, Manuals, Pocket Guide, Canon logo wide neck strap, CG580 battery charger, Battery BP-511A, Eyecup, Cables: video, USB interface. SW: Canon Digital Photo Professional V1.1; Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0; Canon EOS Digital Solution Disk V8.0 (The latest versions of all included Canon brand software can be downloaded from canon.com at http://tinyurl.com/yvce2h ). As far as I can tell I have everything the camera came with.
*This offer is BODY ONLY (no lens). Takes EF and EFS lenses. Body S/N 0520317297. Has latest Firmware V. 2.0.3. Original package was bundled with the EFS 18-55mm kit lens ($130-145) NOT included here.
*This offer has no Compact Flash card.
Includes Rob Sheppard’s Magic Lantern Guides Canon EOS 20D 176 page book not included in original package (hard to find, ~$50).
Read the specs on this camera at http://tinyurl.com/24vthq (this is a shortcut to the Amazon page)
See photos of this offer at http://picasaweb.google.com/mikebaird/Canon20D4sale400dollarsMike8057722044 or http://tinyurl.com/36co8o
Here is some Q&A in response to a question
Q: I was just today going to look at a Canon digital that would work with my Canon Rebel lenses. Jim's quoted $600 for the camera without lenses. Would the one you are selling be compatible with my lenses do you think?
A: The lenses for the Canon Rebel film cameras will indeed work on the Canon 20D and Rebel series (these all have 1.6 magnification factors) and all other Canon Digital. These are "EF" lenses. They are now making special "EF-S" lenses that only work on the 1.6 factor digital cameras like the 20D and Rebels, but you will not have any of those from you film collection
http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/digital/10d300dlenses.html says Canon have two lens lines. The first are their "EF" series lenses. These will fit on any EOS camera body ever made, including all 35mm film, APS film, APS-C digital and 1.3x and 1x (full frame) DSLRs. Any EF lens will work with any EOS body. The second line of lenses are the "EF-S" series. These lenses have reduced frame coverage suitable only for use with recent APS-C DSLRs. That means they will fit on the Digital Rebel, Digital Rebel XT, Digital Rebel XTi, EOS 20D and EOS 30D. The advantage of EF-S lenses is that they can be slightly smaller than EF lenses, they can be optimized for the smaller sensor size and they can be made with shorter focal lengths then full frame lenses (for example the EF-S 10-22 can be made, but the widest lens made for full frame cameras in the EF series is 16-35mm).
You can buy a new Digital Rebel XTi for $520 at Amazon.com - Jim may charge $600 + tax You can buy a new Digital Rebel for $400 at Amazon The 8.2 MP 20D has some better features, and it is a toss-up whether one would buy a used 20D or a new 10.1MP Rebel XTi. I'd avoid the original 8MP Rebel
Rebel XT with the 20D here
http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/digital/eos_digital_rebel_xt_vs_20d.html (read the whole article) [Note: this is pretty old info. regarding sw versions and pricing]
Things that are different where the EOS 20D is better:
* The EOS 20D has a rear QCD (Quick Control Dial) which can be used to set exposure compensation, flash compensation, shutter speed or aperture in manual mode and has several other functions. The same functions are available in the Digital Rebel XT, but require the pushing of buttons. The advantage of the QCD is you can do things faster and without taking your eye from the viewfinder.
* The EOS 20D can shoot at 5 frames/second, the Digital Rebel XT can shoot at 3 frames/sec
* The EOS 20D can shoot a burst of 23 high resolution JPEG frames before the buffer fills, The Digital Rebel XT can shoot 14 frames
* The EOS 20D has 9 autofocus zones, the Digital Rebel XT has 7
* The EOS 20D provides full cross-type performance with maximum apertures as small as f5.6, yet it achieves up to 3 times the standard focusing precision when used with EF lenses featuring maximum apertures larger than or equal to f/2.8. The autofocus system of the Digital Rebel XT is inherited from the film Rebel XT body and has normal precision f5.6 sensors.
* The EOS 20D autofocus is specified to operate in 1 stop lower light than the Digital Rebel autofocus (-0.5 EV vs +0/5 EV)
* The EOS 20D autofocus is faster than the autofocus on the Digital Rebel XT
* The EOS 20D has a top shutter speed of 1/8000s, the Digital Rebel XT has a top shutter speed of 1/4000s
* The EOS 20D has a flash x-sync speed of 1/250s, the Digital Rebel x-sync speed is 1/200s
* The EOS 20D has a pentaprism with a 0.9x viewfinder magnification, the Digital Rebel XT has a pentamirror with 0.8x magnification.
* The EOS 20D has a highest ISO setting of 3200, the Digital Rebel XT has a high ISO setting of 1600.
* The EOS 20D is good for 1000 shots (no flash) on a single battery charge, the Digital Rebel XT is good for 600.
* The EOS 20D has a PC terminal for use with an external flash or strobe, the Digital Rebel XT does not.
* The EOS 20D maximum flash sync voltage is 250v (for both the hotshoe and PC terminal), the Digital Rebel XT maximum sync voltage is also 250v, not 6v as I had earlier reported. Canon have recently stated that the Digital Rebel XT does in fact share the 250v sync voltage with the 20D and other high end Canon EOS bodies. Sorry for any confusion on this point.
* The EOS 20D has a high performance shutter designed for increased reliability (100,000 cycles), the Digital Rebel XT has the normal Canon shutter (about 50,000 cycles).
* The shutter lag time of the EOS 20D is 65ms, the shutter lag time of the Digital Rebel XT is 100ms.
* The high-speed mirror drive give the EOS 20D a shortened viewfinder blackout time (115ms) compared to the Digital Rebel XT (170ms)
* The EOS 20D sensor (8.2MP, 22.5 x 15mm) is very slightly larger and has slightly more pixels than the Digital Rebel XT sensor (8.0MP, 22.2 x 14.8mm).
* The EOS 20D has a multi-controller on the back of the camera can be pushed in eight directions, as well as down in the center, to simplify selection of the AF point, correction of white balance, trimming of images during direct printing, scrolling of magnified images etc. The Digital Rebel XT uses push buttons for the same functions.
* The EOS 20D has top, front and rear covers made of a magnesium alloy for added strength and rigidity. The top, front and rear covers of the Rebel XT are plastic.
* The EOS 20D has 18 custom functions, the Digital Rebel XT has 9 (List of XT custom functions)
* The EOS 20D ships with Adobe PhotoShop Elements 2, the Digital Rebel XT ships with ArcSoft PhotoStudio 5.5. Adobe have an upgrade offer from Elements to full Photoshop CS for $299. This offer applies to copies of Elements which were supplied bundled with Canon products. Since Photoshop retails for up to $599 ($649 list), this can be a significant saving.
Mike Baird mike [at} mikebaird dot com http://photomorrobay.com http://bairdphotos.com http://morro-bay.com
Morro Bay, CA (805) 704-2064; Cell (805) 704-0069 To assure I receive your e-mail, add "ignorefilters" to the subject line.